Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The begining of the end

Since 1998 I have wanted to dabble in "modding". "Modding" is the American tradition of taking a perfectly good vehicle, spending a metric crap-ton of cash on parts, and creating something that is less reliable, less valuable, more dangerous, and more uncomfortable for the sake of speed, style and uniqueness.

Until now I have had neither the time, money or facilities to undertake this noble task of Americana.

Through careful planning, frugal saving, and plain luck I have amassed a small fleet of cars, secured a house with a two car garage, and obtained some go-fast goodies of my own. In less than a week I will become a member of the ever growing community of idiots that think that a few parts off of EBay will make their lowly stock automobile into a real racecar.

This blog is to chronicle the catastrophic collapse of one man's idealism, and the frustration of insurmountable truth.

No comments: