Friday, August 17, 2007

Just Another Crappy Update.

Here's whats been happening:

I ran into my garage door backing up.

After taking the car back to the body shop three times, they were still unable to get the swirl marks out. I have since given up on having the paint as good as it was.

After sending the exaust cutout back to QTP and waiting over a month for them to repair the defective unit, I realized there is not enough room under the car to mount the damn thing anyway.

The Vibrant Performance cat-back that I bought, which I intended to put the cut-out on, is a piece of ill-fitting crap that A: melted my bumper and B: is earsplitting loud. I've since banged on it enough to get it away from the bumper and since it's so loud, there was little point in putting the QTP cutout on it, even if there were room for it. Seriously, you can hear it from a mile away. I'm not kidding.

So effectively, the Si is done. There are no more pending projects for it. It does however, seem to get better and better the more I drive it. After about 4 hours of time with it, it becomes less of a bumpy, loud, darty, jerky mess and more like a precision guided weapon of mass destruction. I guess thats worth having to keep a stash of earplugs in the car for passengers that are not used to being strapped in a missile.

No comments: