Monday, April 2, 2007

Here we go again.

It does not seem like 3 months since I started this whole take-apart-put-back-together mess, but then again I started planning the whole operation over a year ago when the first technical specs for the 2006 Si came out.

Anyway, my plan was to pull off the catalitic converter section and have an approximate replacement made without the cat elements. Turns out the header and the cat section are a 4-2-1 header and are designed to work together. I've decided to go with the crappy DC race header instead.

So...I'm flying the jackstands again in the process of taking off my header. So far, I've got two cuts and have broken a $50 plastic piece and still can't get the header heat shield out from the engine. Things are not going so well, but I'm determined to make this work.

The moment I get the stock header out, I'm ordering the DC.

No comments: